Sunday, March 9, 2008

I'm slacking already!

I've only had this blog for a few months now, but I am already behind on my posts. I apologize to the faithful readers and promise to do better. Although I'm not sure what to write about in this particular post, it may just become a rambling of thoughts.

I was told that my blog has become quite the topic of discussion at a certain Law School. For those of you who are reading my blog in the interest of finding something to give C a hard time about - this one's for you... (and for the rest of you, find a new hobby)

I am going to recall the experience of my first kiss with C. It's a hilarious story actually, but requires some background information. C and I met while serving as missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. While as a missionary, you don't date or really even 'look' at the opposite sex with an inquisitive eye. C and I became very good friends because we were both serving in the same district and had weekly meetings. We were also the only missionaries within about a 150 miles of rural Vermont. C came home from his mission 7 months before I did. I came home from my mission and shortly after, moved to UT to finish my education - we decided to get together. After the first of the year in 2004 we started seeing each other more regularly. I was still somewhat hesitant about getting involved in a serious relationship and to be honest, I felt like C was only hanging out with me because he felt sorry for me. I used to refer to myself as his 'service project', although he consistently reminded me I was not. I believe it was sometime in January, we had gone to a basketball game with some of our friends; to support his team, he was wearing his favorite Utah hat. That evening, we were sitting on the couch at his parents house just talking and watching television. I was going to say good -bye and I saw him turn his hat around backwards, so the bill wouldn't get in the way (not obvious at all). He could tell I was nervous because I wasn't really sure if I ready for our relationship to go in that direction. He said, "it's not against the rules anymore" and kissed me.

We are about to celebrate our 4 year anniversary and it's been a blast. I think the first year was definitely tough just adjusting to living with a boy, but we've really learned and changed a lot and I'm happy.

5 comments:

Thirdmango said...

Holy crap, four years! Has it really been that long? Amazing. I like that the overly romantic words he said to you right before kissing you was "It's not against the rules anymore." How Amore!

Anonymous said...

I heard that the two of you would take your missionary tags off and make out like Lutherans at summer camp.

By Divine Design said...

Oh, if only...

Andrea and Justin said...

I have never heard that story about your first kiss! I liked it. I can't wait to see you in April!

Thirdmango said...

Eeek. Seems Anonymous is a little hung up on the past. So because I'm moving I went through a LOT of mission stuff cause I'm a pack rat and I usually keep everything. Looking through all the stuff I actually ended up throwing out about 75% of it cause it was either no longer important or it just held bad memories of someone I had completely forgotten about.