On a recent trip to California, Sara was watching Sound of Music (one of my favorite movies) and I was reminded of this list. I tracked it down and have decided to do what I planned to do last year and that is... a list of my favorite things. I'm sure you have some of your own favorites, but here are a few of mine:
2. The show Parenthood. I absolutely love the characters in this show. Someone recently told me they thought this show was totally unrealistic having that many problems in one family, but I disagree. that's what makes it so likeable and relate-able. I haven't personally experienced a battle with cancer or my daughter going off to college, adoption or being a single parent but lots of people do or will in their lifetime. The family is endearing and easy to love.
3. Sara's preschool. I cannot say enough good things about her preschool, Busy Bee Preschool, by Ms. Nicole. It was recommended to me by a few friends and it has been absolutely perfect for Sara. She is in her second year and loves it! I am amazed at the crafts, activities, work sheets, and field trips her teacher provides - not to mention her love and patience with each child. I have referred several others to her as well and they have all been super happy with it.
4. These should be called chocolate covered 'sin'ammon bears because they are so delicious. Every time I go to Utah, I have to go visit the BYU Bookstore to buy a pound of these babies. I limit myself to one pound and try to make it last a few days. They are absolutely heavenly.
5. I have traveled all over the US to several major cities. I have been to 40 of the 50 states and lived in 8 of them. Of all the places I've traveled to and lived in, Chicago is my favorite. There is so much to see and do, the downtown is full of character and history, as well as art and shopping. It's just a really, really cool place and I'd love to live there.
7. PicMonkey is my favorite web-site for editing photos. You can do some really fun things with them like adding backgrounds, text, or crazy colors. It's a really fun and mostly free way to make your pictures look great and fun too.
I have LOTS of favorite things, but these are the ones I can think of at this very moment. I'll post more another day. What are some of your favorite things?