Wednesday, December 29, 2010
My New Years Resolutions for 2011:
1) Really utilize my gym membership by going at least 4 times per week
2) Shop wisely using coupons and price matching and STICK TO MY BUDGET
3) Spend more time at home giving Sara the time to develop her imagination
4) Read as often as I can, especially my scriptures!!
5) Watch less TV
Okay, let's start with those. I'm sure there are many more things I need to be doing better, but I don't want to overwhelm myself. What are your New Years Resolutions for 2011?
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
So this year, I was absolutely in love with Mondo's everything on Project Runway. So much so, that I decided to copy his look for the Jackie O challenge. This is my copy of Mondo's design. The striped black shirt is actually a skirt (hence the cardigan). And I apologize for cutting my head off. I was trying to take these pictures myself and I set the camera on the table. But you get the idea.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
1) Joined a gym
2) Survived another year of Girls Camp
3) Made new friends
4) Tasted guacamole (didn't like it)
5) Refinished our dining room table
6) Broke 3 cell phones (technically Sara did, but it was my fault for letting her play w/ it)
7) Went home to Tulsa and loved it!
8) Started a new blog
9) Bought designer jeans (at a fraction of the regular price, but still way too expensive)
10) Lost a baby
11) Played on a volleyball team
12) Watched way, way too much reality TV
13) Read some incredible books
14) Hosted a really fun GNO
15) Sewed a new skirt for myself
16) Had surgery
17) Spent many many hours at the park with my treasure girl, Sara
18) Got my eye brows waxed (yes, my first time ever)
19) Missed my Mom and Dad in Chile
20) Fell off the step in Body Step at the gym
21) Had 2 black toenails, one of which had to be removed
22) Painted the bathroom
23) Let Cameron watch a ridiculous amount of football
24) Shopped at thrift stores - and got some really cool stuff
25) Made lots of yummy cookies and ate many of them
26) Drove to Utah with my cousin
27) Finally found something to clear up my skin
28) Danced to the "Single Ladies" video countless time with Sara
29) Started working on my family history
There are many things I'm looking forward to in the next year. So here's to the last day in my 20s. Cheers!
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Happy Halloween! Sara was a Chilean Princess. Thanks, Nana for sending the beautiful dress from Chile. She looked so beautiful and grown up. And of course she LOVED the trunk-or-treat and all the candy.
Saturday, October 23, 2010
It was almost exactly 2 years ago that I sat down and wrote a letter to my unborn baby girl. Little did I know she would arrive the very next day. I was so nervous and excited awaiting her arrival. Of course, the last 2 years has been nothing but bliss with my treasure girl. ;) She is turning 2 tomorrow. Sometimes it seems like I've had her forever and my time as a career girl was in a different life. Other days, it feels like she just arrived and I still have no idea what I'm doing (Okay, so I feel this way a lot more often). But whatever it is, the last 2 years has been an adventure to say the least.
To my sweet Sara,
I love the way you smile and laugh.
I love that you wish everything were pink or yellow.
I love the way you say 'dangerous' and 'princess'.
I love that you repeat everything I say and that you are learning new words every day.
I love that you were patient with me when you had colic and ear infections, and then RSV and didn't sleep through the night until you were 15 months old.
I love that you reminded me with your sweet screaming cry that you were hungry, or tired, or hot, or cold. And that you wouldn't sleep unless I was holding you for the first 6 weeks of your life.
I love that you prefer to throw your food on the floor instead of putting it in your mouth or think the vacuum is a toy when I seem to be 'playing' with it daily.
I love that you ask me for hugs and kisses and say you "love Momma little" even though I know you mean BIG.
I love that you want to do everything by yourself even if it makes us late everywhere we go.
I love that you like candy and say "treat" to me with the most innocent expression at least 10 times a day.
I love that you are friendly, but cautious.
I love the way you like to swing and go on walks and kick the ball.
I love that you remember Target is where you bumped your nose and Wal-Mart is where you get a cookie.
I love that you ask me for gum and then say, "chew" as you swallow it.
I love that you know me by name, by sight, by sound, and by smell.
I love that you want me to love you and be with you forever.
I love being your Mommy and couldn't imagine a life without you in it.
I love that you refer to your Nike's as "high tops" and sandals as "fip fops".
I love that you like to "go go go" run errands with me, go to the gym with me, and ride the carousel with me.
I love that you want to sing songs all day and the way you make your 'diamond in the sky'.
I love everything there is to love about you and even the things that aren't so easy to love because they are you.
Thanks for choosing to be my treasure girl and for never giving up on me just like I'll never give up on you.
Friday, October 1, 2010
Please feel free to respond with dishes of your own that you regularly fix for your family. Also, one thing that really helped me was to put together what ingredients I would need for each meal. That way, when I'm making my grocery list, I can make sure I get what I need. It has really helped to plan a menu for about 10 days and shop accordingly. I do buy produce or things like milk and bread more often, but that way, I only have 2 major shopping trips a month.
It's definitely cutting back the food expenses and helping me be a little more organized. So, here is the list:
4 Way (Chili, Pasta Noodles, Cheese, and Pineapple)
Beans and Rice
Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Chicken, Rice, Brocolli Casserole
Macaroni and Cheese
Sweet Pulled Pork
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
We decided to take a quick trip to Las Vegas and stayed with our friends, the Fultons. Thanks so much Adam and Ady for letting us crash at your awesome new house! It was so fun to see you guys and meet little Jack.
Here are some pictures from our trip...