Friday, October 1, 2010

What's for Dinner?

Sometimes I get in to a routine of cooking the same 5 or 6 things over and over again. I put together a list of things I can make in less than 30 minutes with ingredients I usually have or just need 1 or 2 things for. So I am sharing my list with you.

Please feel free to respond with dishes of your own that you regularly fix for your family. Also, one thing that really helped me was to put together what ingredients I would need for each meal. That way, when I'm making my grocery list, I can make sure I get what I need. It has really helped to plan a menu for about 10 days and shop accordingly. I do buy produce or things like milk and bread more often, but that way, I only have 2 major shopping trips a month.

It's definitely cutting back the food expenses and helping me be a little more organized. So, here is the list:

4 Way (Chili, Pasta Noodles, Cheese, and Pineapple)

Baked Ziti

BBQ Chicken

Beans and Rice

Breakfast

Chicken Chili

Chicken Noodle Soup

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

Chicken, Rice, Brocolli Casserole

Chili

Cranberry Chicken

Enchiladas

Hawaiian Haystacks

Hearty Salad

Lasagna

Macaroni and Cheese

Meatballs

Nachos

Pizza

Pork Chops

Pot Roast

Shepherd’s Pie

Sloppy Joes

Spaghetti

Steak

Stir Fry

Sweet Pulled Pork

Taco Soup

Tacos

No comments: