Friday, April 25, 2008

Measuring Your Worth

I really love Eliza magazine. In a 'note from the editor', Summer Bellessa says, "How do you measure your worth? You can quantify self-esteem by the numbers in your bank account, the amount of verbal accolades you receive each day, your style quotient as determined by the amount of brand names in your closet or the number of heads you turn when walking down the street. The problem with these methods is the fact that you give up control of your worth and place it in categories that can constantly change... Part of dressing should be finding things you feel comfortable in and that give you the freedom to live a full life, doing things that will make this world a better place. Those are the things that truly build your self-worth."

I love this magazine for what it stands for. My subscription is up for renewal and I can't wait for the next issue to arrive.

Oh and by the way... the rumors are true. I'm pregnant!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Karen Lange! I just left a message on your Facebook account but I had to tell you again how excited I am for you!! Pregnancy is a wild ride, but SUCH a blessing. You need to give me some details, ok? I'm so happy for you!! (This is Sister Willy by the way...)

LoriLoo310 said...

Oh yay, oh yay, oh yay!!! I am so happy for you and Cameron. How far along are you? Are you feeling ok? Email me when you get the chance, I want to know all the details :)

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

hey girl! you just wait! pregnancy makes you more beautiful than you can ever imagine. enjoy each moment...even the first 12 weeks! I am so excited for you....but really more excited to buy you butt paste! hee hee!
brandi

amynewby said...

oh karen, great post and congratulations! you must be so excited!!