Tuesday, September 8, 2009

All Time Favorites

I was chatting with a friend this weekend and got the idea to post my favorite books. I've really enjoyed reading the last few years and have read many many great books. I wanted to compile a list of my TOP 5 FAVORITES! And keep in mind, this list is subject to change.

1) Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares (I was so sad when these books finished. If you've seen the movies and haven't read the books, you've really missed out. The books are SOOOO much better!)



2) The Glass Castle by Jeannette Wells (This book is amazing. It's an autobiography and unbelievable at times.)



3) Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner (It's not as dirty as it sounds, but hilarious! I was laughing out loud so much while reading it. You'll love Cannie)



4) Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella (This book is another laugh outloud funny one. I was a little disappointed when I saw the movie because I just loved the book so much. If you haven't seen it, skip it, and read the book instead)



5) Fishbowl by Sarah Mlynowski (The format for this book is a little tricky, but a great one. I just loved it)



If you decide to read any of these books or have already read them, let me know what you think. I'll keep adding or replacing as I see fit. If you are looking for some other great authors to consider, I have never been disappointed by the following:

Jane Green
Meg Cabot
Sophie Kinsella
Jennifer Weiner
Lauren Weisberger
Emily Giffin
Jodi Picoult
Jen Lancaster
Sarah Dessen
Judy Blume
Jerry Spinelli

So... happy reading!

3 comments:

Corbo and Trav Hanson said...

I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVED The Glass Castle! What a crazy, yet awesome book! I still need to read Good in Bed. I forgot all about you telling me to read that one. It's on my to do list for sure!

Mandy Johnson said...

Karen, we have similar taste. I also LOVED glass castle! BTW did you get closed on your new home? Keep us posted.

Unknown said...

I am happy to see this post - we just started a book club and I have to choose the book for November. We just read 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society'