Saturday, August 20, 2011

2011: A Summer to Remember

This summer was especially special because my parents came home from serving their 3 year mission in Chile. It was so great to see them. We stayed with them for almost a month at their home in Heber City, Utah. I loved that Sara had a chance to see her cousins and grandparents. I loved being able to send time with my family again. We had such a blast! Here are some picture of our visit:


Before my parents got home, Sara and I got to spend some time with one of my best friends in the whole world Cori, and her little girl, Merika.


My sister made all the grandkids shirts with their birth order number on the back and names on the front.
Sara is #5.
Order from left to right: Eve, Sara, Carly, Alison, Katie, Emmy (Will is with his Momma)


My favorite picture of the whole trip - Sara getting to see her Papa. She sure loves him!


Such a great reunion!


All the kids loved to climb on Papa. Sara, Katie, and Carly


The only boy grandchild - Will (Darin's youngest)


Sara loves the train park in Heber and the views are amazing!


The girls loved playing in the pool on the driveway and then drying out in the sun. Carly, Katie, and Sara


All the grandkids together on the front porch. Such a cute and silly bunch! L to R: Eve, Emmy, Katie, Will, Sara, Alison, Carly


Sara had cotton candy for the first time and she loved it!

We are excited for 'Nana and Papa' to come visit us this fall and again during the winter. And we're also looking forward to our trip together as a family to Disneyland in November. So many great times again and we can't wait! We love you and are so glad you're home, Nana and Papa. Thanks so much for your service. We are so blessed.

No comments: